Vaccination: Yellow Fever
1. The General Department of
Migration of the Republic of Paraguay, information as of May 10, 2019, all
passengers or foreigners, from 01 to 59 years of age, arriving or going to one
of the 21 Brazilian states (WHO ) require the “International Certificate of
Vaccination against Yellow Fever”.
2. Areas of risk: Bahia, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Espiritu Santo, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Santa Catarina, Parana, Rio Grande do Sul, and others. (https://www.mspbs.gov.py/portal/18224/riesgo-de-introduccion-de-fiebre-amarilla-a-traves-de-viajeros-amenaza-al-pais.html)
3. No vaccination is required for those who are lacking immunity, allergic to chicken eggs, over 60 years old, organ transplant patients, pregnant or lactating travelers.
4. Travelers exempted from vaccination for medical reasons (point 3) must present a medical certificate issued by the health authority of their country.
5. Travelers in transit (by plane at Sao Paulo or other risk areas) will NOT be required to present the international vaccination certificate. It is compulsory to be vaccinated at least 10 days before entering the country. Nobody will be allowed to enter the country if they come from areas of risk and do not present the Certificate of Vaccination, except in the cases of point 3.